15.2 C
Sunday, April 14, 2024

A shooting at a hospital campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma, resulted in the deaths of at least four individuals

At least four individuals were murdered in a shooting that took place on the grounds of a hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Wednesday, authorities reported at a press conference held in the evening on that day.

According to the authorities, the shooter has also taken his own life. During the press conference, the Deputy Chief of the Tulsa Police Department Eric Dalgleish said that the authorities had a strong suspicion that the shooter shot himself in the leg.

According to statements made by police Captain Richard Meulenberg to CNN on Wednesday evening, other persons were also injured in the incident; however, no one suffered injuries that were considered to be life-threatening.

According to Dalgleish, dispatchers got a report regarding an active shooter at the Natalie Medical Building, which is a doctors’ office building located on the grounds of St. Francis Hospital soon after 4:50 p.m. local time.

Dalgleish said that officers were at the location within minutes and made contact with the victims as well as the suspect within five minutes after their arrival. According to the deputy chief, the cops that arrived could hear bullets being fired within the building, which led them to the second level when they entered.

According to Dalgleish, “The scene is rather restricted to one portion of that level,” which is located on the second story. According to Dalgleish, at least a portion of the action took place within an orthopaedic clinic located on that level.

Dalgleish said that investigators are now speaking with witnesses who were present in the building. According to what he stated, one witness was discovered trapped inside of a closet.

Dalgleish said that the suspect had both a rifle and a pistol with him at the time of the incident, and the police have stated that they are “coming close” to identifying the individual. The deputy chief said that it seems both firearms were discharged at some time or another during the incident.

Meulenberg described the occurrence as “a really unfortunate tragedy.” “I am very, very pleased of the cops for getting there as fast as they did. They very well may have prevented more people from losing their lives today because of the swift response they provided,” said the mayor.

The mayor of Tulsa, G.T. Bynum, has extended his “deep thanks” to the first responders who “did not hesitate today to react to this act of violence.”

Jonathan James
Jonathan James
I serve as a Senior Executive Journalist of The National Era
Latest news
Related news


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here