Simona Halep, a former world number one who just had nose surgery, said on Monday that she plans to relax for a few weeks following the procedure. The Romanian, who is now ranked ninth in the world, said that she had been battling with nasal difficulties “for a while,” and that they had become worse throughout the summer, making it difficult to breathe particularly at night. The Romanian is presently ranked ninth in the world.
In a post on Instagram, the individual who is now 30 years old said that “the only option to cure the issue was to undergo surgery,” and went on to say that the surgeon “used this chance to also do a cosmetic surgery intervention.”
She added, “Everything went well. I will need a few weeks of recuperation before I can start again any physical activity,” and she posted a photo of herself smiling from what seemed to be a hospital bed with her nose bandaged.
“I’ll see you on the tennis court in a little while.”
Two-time Grand Slam winner Simona Halep was eliminated in the first round of competition at the US Open last month after suffering a defeat at the hands of Ukrainian qualifier Daria Snigur.