7.6 C
Friday, May 24, 2024

When Damar Hamlin woke up, he questioned the physicians about who had won the game

After passing out during a game of the National Football League in the United States, star player Damar Hamlin woke up and questioned the medical staff treating him in the hospital whether or not his team had won the game.

The standout player for the Buffalo Bills had a cardiac arrest on the field during their game on Monday night in Ohio, which prompted an outpouring of sadness from football fans throughout the country.

His medical team and the attending physicians state that in the last twenty-four hours he has shown “amazing progress” and is now “neurologically intact.”

Since he was removed from the field of play, Hamlin has been a patient in the critical care unit.

After he regained consciousness, he started a written correspondence with the attending physicians.

Dr. Timothy Pritts, another of Hamlin’s doctors, said that the patient had inquired about the outcome of the game between the Buffalo Bills and the Cincinnati Bengals.

The physician gave Damar the following response: “Congratulations, you have won the game of life.”

In order to assist Hamlin with breathing while he remains in the critical care unit at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, a ventilator is currently being used.

The medical staff attending to him earlier in the day said that he “demonstrated that it looks that he is neurologically intact,” as stated by the Bills in their most recent update.

The team also noted that the patient’s lungs are continuing to recover and that he is making consistent progress.

His teammate Kaiir Elam noted in a tweet just before Hamlin’s team published their most recent statement on Thursday that “Our son is doing better, awake and showing further signs of recovery.”

His agent, Ron Butler, verified to CNN that Hamlin was conscious and had been holding hands with his family when they were visiting him in the hospital.

After making a tackle on Cincinnati Bengals receiver Tee Higgins during the primetime game, Hamlin, who was 24 years old, went into heart arrest and died. Following the impact, he ended himself on the ground lying on his back.

According to the player’s buddy and marketing agent Jordon Rooney, he got on-field medical assistance for more than thirty minutes during which time he was resuscitated once.

Since the incident, there has been an outpouring of support for the Bills player who is in his second year with the team.

More than $7 million (£5.9 million) has been donated to a toy drive that was started by Hamlin via a GoFundMe website.

Tom Brady, quarterback for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Russell Wilson, quarterback for the Denver Broncos, are just two of the many NFL players who have made contributions to the cause.

After graduating from the University of Pittsburgh in 2021 with a degree in football, Hamlin was selected in the first round of the NFL Draft.

As a result of the event, the National Football League has decided to postpone the game between the Bills and the Bengals indefinitely.

Dan O'Brien
Dan O'Brien
I am a journalist for The National Era with an emphasis in sports.
Latest news
Related news


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here